Sunday 19 June 2011

A woolly sort out

We really are having the most dismally wet summer here in northern Britain. Yesterday, to add a bit of colour to the day, I decided to sort through my knitting yarn. I do this from time to time as it can get into a terrible tangle. I like to separate the various shades into different boxes as it makes mixing and matching yummy colours a lot easier.



I never know what I will find when I'm having a sort out. Below is something I started knitting before Easter but I can't remember what it was going to be. I like the colour combination so might hang on to it in case it provides inspiration for a future project.



In the cupboard I have a large bag of knitted experiments and unfinished items. Here are just a few of them. When creating a new pattern it can take two or three attempts to get something looking just right. I used to pull back all my trial pieces but now I often keep them as they can provide a useful guide when planning new toys.



Meanwhile, the dolls continue to remind me of what I should be thinking about, namely knitting a larger playroom friend who will fit nicely into this rather large chair.



Thank you dolls, I think I've got the message!!